GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is a comprehensive law that applies to businesses that handle personal data of individuals living or working in the EU. The law takes effect on May 25, 2018. My intent is for this Privacy Statement update (May 24, 2018) to express my commitment to protecting personal data and privacy of MBA News Digest subscribers and in doing so, comply with applicable laws, rules, and regulations of the EU, United States, and any other country where MBA News Digest subscribers’ live or work.
There are three roles in the MBA News Digest data-related relationship with subscribers:
- Data Processor – I use two platforms (vendors) to process and store the personal data provided by MBA News Digest subscribers. These “data processors” have responsibility for processing and safeguarding subscriber data.
- Data Controller – The MBA News Digest is the data controller and uses the three vendor platforms to provide services subscribers have requested. For each subscriber, the MBA News Digest collects and stores the least information required to deliver the subscriber services.
- Data Subject – In this context, subscribers are the data subjects, and they rely on the MBA News Digest to honor their requests about what, how, and when data relating to them is processed.
These data roles are the foundation for the MBA News Digest Privacy Statement.
Subscriber data is collected and processed as follows:
- MBA News Digest Weekly Intelligence Briefing – Free Subscription Service.
- MBA News Digest Deep Dive Webinars & Podcasts – Free Subscription Service.
- MBA News Digest Program Management Articles – Free Subscription Service
We use your computer’s IP address to help diagnose problems with our site and to gather general demographic information. To get a better idea of who is using the site and how they are using it, we also use “cookies” – numbers that remain on your machine that tell us how often you visit the site, and what parts of the site you visit. We do not track your purchasing habits or target you with advertising. We do not share this information with other organizations. With the free subscription services, we never trade your email address with other organizations. Likewise, any information you enter into our forms remains confidential. When posting comments to the MBA News Digest content, please remember that any information you disclose in these areas is about to be posted and is available to other subscribers, so be cautious when disclosing any personal information. This site contains links to other sites and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
If you subscribe to the MBA News Digest, know that we periodically email subscribers on behalf of our sponsors.
We NEVER sell, rent or trade subscribers’ personal or contact information with other organizations.
If you have questions about this privacy statement or the website contact rgalsup@MBANewsDigest.com.